Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer!

Finally.....Summer is here! Not just a date on the calendar summer but the real summer...hot weather, kids swimming in the pool, early morning coffee-on-the-deck summer. I thought it would never come. Our Spring was declared the "wettest in 117 years"!

The benefits of the wet spring/early summer are....green, green, green! Everything is lush, blooming and green! The spring bulbs; tulips and daffodils seemed to bloom for ever. The lilacs, forsythia, clematis, peonies and rhodies were gorgeous and now the roses! I love my roses.

I actually really enjoy all of the seasons and would be very hard pressed to declare a "favorite"...but today...I Love Summer!

"This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."

2 comments:

  1. Hey Nikki...that's the exact verse I had on my facebook status today! :)
    The paint color in my laundry room was from Lowes. I used Valspar paint in a satin finish, and the color is called Tropical Mist. :) Hope that helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!
    Blessings
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki, I agree! Summer is just fantastic. The lovely blooms to look at and smell, the yummy and fresh fruits and vegetables from the garden, all of the sun. There's just too much wonderfulness of the season, it makes you want to jump for joy! Love that others share in the wonder of the simplest beauty the world offers. :)

    ReplyDelete