Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ahhhh, My Spiritual Shower

My Morning Prayer:
"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right, persevering, and steadfast spirit within me."
Psalm 51:10 (Amplified Bible)
"God, make a fresh start in me, shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life."
Psalm 51:10 (Message Bible)
Thank you Father for the daily new beginnings you offer me. Thank you for your forgiveness that covers all my sin. Thank you for loving me more than I love myself. Thank you for your keeping power that holds on to me even when I feel unable to hold on to you. Thank you Lord, for the unanswered prayers, prayed in the heat of emotion! Thank you for my daily salvation....
"For You delight not in sacrifice, or else would I give it; You find no pleasure in burnt offering. My sacrifice (the sacrifice acceptable) to God is a broken spirit; a broken and a contrite heart (broken down with sorrow for sin and humbly and thoroughly penitent), such, O God, you will not despise."
Psalm 51:16,17 (Amplified Bible)
"Going through the motions doesn't please you, a flawless performance is nothing to you. I learned God-worship when my pride was shattered. Heart-shattered lives ready for love don't for a moment escape God's notice."
Psalm 51:16,17 (Message Bible)
Thought for the day: God wants me to give him a repentant heart and watch him do the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment