Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Don't Judge Me!

Don't judge me! This seems to be the current mantra of the world...the Christian world that is. Interesting that the ones who insist that it is not biblical to judge quote only those parts of scriptures which seem to support the notion that as followers of Christ we are to walk in acceptance of the failures and sins of our brothers and sisters in Christ. Jesus forgiving the woman caught in adultery is one I have heard referred to often...but they fail to quote Jesus final words to her...."go and sin no more".

We are really setting ourselves up to look like fools if we throw out what we believe are Biblical quotes but fail to read the Bible. Read Romans....we are not to judge the world according to our Christian standards because as unbelievers they will be judged by their sin. However, as believers we have a mandate and a responsiblitly to first judge our own hearts and then in turn to judge the actions and fruit of our fellow believers. There is a clear process lined out in Romans that tells us how to, through Love, reinstate our fallen brothers and sisters to spiritual health.

Guess what, if the Bible says something I'm doing is sin then it it sin! Pretty simple stuff. What we are really saying when we say Don't judge me is....don't hold me accountable to God's word. If I am made aware that it is in God's word then I, as a child of God, would need to make a decision to either repent and turn from my sin or make a clear choice to continue in my sin and fully accept the consequences of my choice. ( That is another whole blog.)

Thank God for Mercy, Grace and Forgiveness.....but without true repentance we make it very clear to whom we love.

No comments:

Post a Comment