Sunday, May 29, 2011

....Time flys!

Wow, I cannot believe it has been almost a year since I last posted! Life seems to just get busier and busier. Sometimes I think I should go back to outisde employment in order to slow down, lol. I know, I know I am slowing down, it is called aging.....I am in denial!

My 6 grandbabies are growing up so fast. The oldest will soon be 13 and the youngest will be 4 in August. Life does not "march on" it races on! I am very involved in their little (and not so little) lives and am so proud of them and the people they are becoming. God is sooo good....even though they have already faced physical and emotional challenges, He is faithful and He loves them even more than I do and I am continuing to learn to put them and leave them in His hands!

My children are amazing! First of all, they "trust in the Lord". Really I could stop right here...that says it all. Life can be so challenging, but they know where to get their direction and strength. They work hard and each is outstanding in their field...family is priority... and they persevere in doing the right things - the right ways...giving the credit to God!

I have, in the last year, rented a space at "The Fussy Duck" to offer my found/hand-crafted "treasures". My business is called "Fragments". The name comes from the story in the Bible about the loaves and fishes. John 6:12 "...gather up the fragments that nothing be wasted." I love to treasure hunt and Fragments gives me the opportunity to share my finds (my husband is delighted to have me "share").

We have also recently become involved in Jordan Rubins new Beyond Organic organization. He is an amazing young man with an amazing life story. This new venture is exciting for us. I started a Facebook page "Beyond Organic Oregon" and hope to develop this more as this business unfolds.

This is a very short overview of some of what has transpired in our lives in the last 12 months. Hopefully I will be more faithful in updating this blog/diary this year.

Again, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths", Proverbs 3:5,6.

No comments:

Post a Comment